Once upon a time if you wanted a “fat” widgetized footer you needed to read a tutorial, watch a video and paste a bunch of code. Today that task is now effortless. Just download and install the box and set the number of widgets areas you want to display (up to 4) and it’s done! Plus, it’s responsive, so it looks great on all mobile devices. A widgetized footer was NEVER this easy.
BYOB Simple Footer Widgets for the Thesis Classic Responsive Skin is available free to all free and paid members of BYOBWebsite and can be used in as many projects as you like for as many clients as you like without restriction.
- Choose the number of widget areas to create (from 1-4)
- Choose the hook that you want the widgets to be attached to
- Chose the location of the hook (before, top, bottom, after)
- Chose the order (priority) in which the widgets are attached to the hook
- The box automatically adds these widget areas to the chosen hook of every template
- It includes all of the CSS needed to make it responsive, following the Classic Responsive Skin system
- Template options to allow you to remove it from individual templates
To install the box Use the Upload Box button in the Select Boxes section of the Thesis admin menu. Note this is a box and not a plugin. It will not function properly if you try to install it as a plugin.
If you are a member of the site (free or paid) you can download this box from the link below.
Download the latest and greatest BYOB Simple Footer Widgets for the Thesis Classic Responsive Skin – Version 184.108.40.206
[220.127.116.11] – 2017-07-15
- Fixed the path constant
[18.104.22.168] – 2017-07-12
- The widgets now automatically go to the first hook with the word “footer” in it.
- Added the ability to add the widgets to any hook created by the skin.
- Add the ability to specify a priority for the hook.
- Add the ability to choose the location of the hook – ie “hook top”.
- Add documentation link.
- Added some CSS to accomodate the Flex skin.
- Change the description.
- Change the path definition.
- Moved widget registration to its own method.
- Changed to latest asset handler – Version 1.0.6 – 2/17/2015