Learn the tools inherent in WordPress for creating a magazine style website and the revolutionary new Thesis 2 tools that allow you to customize all aspects of how the site looks. It is typical of magazine style sites to organize their content around a number of primary subjects and then to have a unique style for each of those subjects. In this case study we will demonstrate how to do that in Thesis 2.
We re-organizing a site (babyofcolor.com) that is in development. It has a well developed concept and visual style yet it fails to take full advantage of WordPress tools for creating such a site. We retrofit those tools into the site and then develop a series of custom templates that provide different styles, menus and content for different subjects.
- Overview of the site
- Identifying the main topics
- Static Content vs Dynamic Content
- WordPress tools for organizing the site
- Create Category Structure
- Fix the Post/Page Structure
- Create the Category Menus
- Create the Main Topic Pages
- Create the Main Topic Templates
- Create the Custom post templates
- Create the Custom page templates