Customize Skins with Background Images, Colors & Gradients
In this first lesson of our Customize Thesis 2 Like a Pro video tutorial series
we look at the various ways to customize a Thesis skin using background images, background color and gradients. We look at both tiling and fixed background images and demonstrate various ways to use them. We also examine how to use semi-transparent colors, in the form of rgba colors to add interest to a site that uses background images.We also discuss strategies for adjusting background images for mobile devices and show how to use gradients in your design.
- What is a background image?
- background STYLE
- NOT HTML – doesn’t interfere with the flow of html
- it can occupy the same space as other elements
- Stuff is intended to sit on top of it.
- Characteristics of a background image
- It does not take up space
- It automatically starts in the top left corner of the container
- Repeats as necessary to fill the container
- Properties of background images
- tiles both ways
- tiles horizontally